Happy New Year From WOLF Consulting!
Twelve years ago today, WOLF Consulting was created here in Las Vegas. This practice has allowed me to share my varied experiences for the benefit of museums and cultural organizations who want to examine their operations, assess their readiness for the future, and step confidently ahead from whatever crossroad they encounter. It has been a satisfying journey so far, and I am grateful for all the many clients who have put their trust in my ability to listen, learn, teach,and lead them on to better self-understandings and preparedness. I’m also grateful to all the other firms who have worked with me, for me, or as prime contractors over me – the collective wisdom has been astounding!
Here is a quick look back at 2014. It represents a pretty typical year, with a great variety and diversity of engagements and outcomes. This is what allows me to give value-added service to all of my clients, and provides me with an ever-greater perspective on the museum field.
Happy New Year! May 2015 be prosperous and successful for all of you!
- Art Museum of South Texas, Corpus Christi, TX Board of Trustees Governance Retreat
- Centro San Antonio, TX (In Association with Quintanilla Schmidt Consulting) Facilitation, Coordination and Community Engagement for El Mercado Zona Cultural
- City of Irving, TX (for Quintanilla Schmidt Consulting and Toxey/MacMillan Design) Feasibility Study for a Municipal Museum
- City of San Antonio, TX, Culture and Creative Development Department Invited National Grant Panelist
- Fort Collins Museum of Discovery, Ft. Collins, CO Non-Profit Partner Co-Executive Director Search Advisor
- Huhugam Heritage Center, Gila River Indian Community, Chandler, AZ Assessment, Survey and Strategic Planning Services
- LGA, for the Clark County Desert Conservation Program Reserve Branding and Interpretive Plan for the Boulder City Conservation Easement
- Nevada Children’s Center, Las Vegas Facilitation of Strategic Planning
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Department of Anthropology Consultant for Grants and Community Development
Meetings Attended and Presentations
- American Alliance of Museums “Museums Advocacy Day”, Washington DC (February 24-25; Event Sponsor and Participant)
- American Alliance of Museums Annual Meeting, Seattle, WA(May 17-21)
- ATALM International Conference of Indigenous Archives, Libraries, and Museums, Palm Springs, CA(June 9-12)
- “Museum Master Planning” (Workshop presenter, ATALM Meetings, June 9th)
- Mountain-Plains Museums Association Annual Meeting, Aspen, CO (September 28-October 2)
- “Recharge/Repurpose/Reinvent: Strategies for Museum “Lifers” (Sessionorganizer, chair, and presenter, MPMA Meeting, September 30)
- “I Wish I Knew What I Know Now, When I Was Younger” (Session Presenter, MPMA Meeting, October 1st)
- Western Museums Association Annual Meeting, Las Vegas, NV(October 5-8)
- “All Politics Are Local” (Session Moderator, WMA Meeting, October7th)
- “From Pledge of Excellence to Accreditation and Everything In Between”(Session Presenter, WMA Meeting, October 8th)
Professional and Community Service (Ongoing)
- American Alliance of Museums(Museum Advocacy Team; Peer Reviewer)
- Las Vegas Museum Alliance (2013 Annual Museum Benchmarking Survey)
- Ohkay Owingeh Pueblo, New Mexico (Member, Start-Up Committee for the First Capital Heritage Center/Ohkay Owingeh Museum) (Tribal Council Appt.)
- Western Museums Association (Program Committee, Host Committee, Local Sponsor Liaison, Sponsor for Indigenous People’s Luncheon on October 7th)